The value of completing a brand audit: the how and why
Doing a detailed brand audit analysis of your brand’s current position in the market and reviewing its effectiveness can be a valuable insight and enable you to create an action plan for your business.
What is a brand audit?
A brand audit is doing a detailed analysis of your brand’s current position in the market and reviewing its effectiveness. It can help to identify the strengths and weaknesses of your brand and opportunities for improvements, as well as new areas to take advantage of.
As part of our brand audit process we take an in-depth look at the following areas:
- Your brand as it currently stands; your proposition, key messages and visual and verbal identity — The market you operate within and your competitors
- The demographics of your target audience
- The strategies and channels you use to reach your audience.
Every audit is slightly different depending on the type of business model you operate. Some may include doing multiple site visits nationwide, while others may involve taking part in the day-to-day running of company, whether that’s working in the shop or shadowing a member of your team.
Experiencing the customers’ experience is invaluable and can give us instrumental insights into how your company operates, whether that’s being a secret shopper, eating in your restaurant at different points throughout the day, doing a yoga class with your customers or going through an online ordering process.
Interviewing staff and clients and undertaking customer telephone interviews and questionnaires can be a great way to gain a holistic view of your brand and provide constructive and crucial insights into motives behind customer and client buying processes and company culture.
Why you should do a brand audit?
As your business grows over time, it can deviate from what differentiates it in the market and areas of the business can suffer as a result. Doing a brand audit allows you to take a step back and analyse every aspect of your brand and make positive steps to improving your brand externally and internally.
A brand audit allows you to:
- Gain valuable insights that allow you to restructure your messaging and your brand identity accordingly
- Identify a change in demographic, helping you to change your product or service
- Identify any new environmental factors that will you to seize new opportunities that otherwise would have been missed Ensure that you are consistently communicating your offering and message across multiple platforms and channels
- Have quantitative data to back up any changes in strategy
- Have an accurate take on your clients or customers perception (positive or negative) and make positive changes accordingly.
How we can help with your brand audit?
Brand audits are an integral part of our brand strategy process. We also complete them as standalone projects too.
If you’d like to arrange a brand audit to enable you to create an action plan for your business, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.